How We Use Your Information
eDelivery uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
eDelivery uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to eDelivery
- Enable features to personalize your eDelivery account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
2. Customer support
eDelivery uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
3. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
4. Communications among users
eDelivery uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver partner may text or call a sender to confirm a pickup location.
5. Communications from eDelivery
eDelivery may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. eDelivery may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfil any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners.
6. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of eDelivery services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
eDelivery may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
If you are a driver, we may share information with the sender including your name; your vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by senders; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past senders have submitted about you.
2. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request.
- eDelivery business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, eDelivery may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom eDelivery may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as eDelivery blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With the owner of eDelivery accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A sender using your employer’s eDelivery for Business profile
- A driver partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A sender who sends a parcel arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
5. With eDelivery subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
6. With eDelivery service providers and business partners
eDelivery may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, eDelivery may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
eDelivery may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect eDelivery rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including delivery information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With your consent
eDelivery may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
eDelivery retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, eDelivery deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, eDelivery may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- eDelivery may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if eDelivery shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, eDelivery may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new eDelivery account in the future.